I’ve been expanding my knowledge of Product Management by taking IE Business School’s Brand and Product Management MOOC on Coursera. The course is about developing the factual support to define a product strategy, formulating a winning strategy that generates both quick-wins and long-term value, and creating a compelling customer experience journey.
Professor Luis Rodriguez Baptista talks about the Aaker Model for Brand Strategy as a way to bring your strategy to life. I found it useful when I was working on a project, and I’d like to share my notes with you:
Essence: What is it that you want your brand to be known for?
· What the brand is all about. Keep it short, understandable to everyone, and focused.
· Not a slogan or a tagline: a long-term core promise to all stakeholders.
Values: What are your brand’s most important competences?
· What customers experience when they use the brand / product?
· Define 3-5 values & define them precisely. Have a specific explanation of what these words mean.
External Identify: How does your brand connect with its stakeholders?
· Foundation of the relationship between your brand and your stakeholders.
Link to Coursera course: https://www.coursera.org/learn/brand-management